Saturday 11 May 2013

Mood Boards and Samples

So today I submitted an assignment that required me to use a Mood Board which is one of my favourite things to do, so I thought I would share with you my first ever Mood Board that I created for my first ever assignment for my Interior Design Diploma, we have all been beginners once!

I particularly enjoyed this one because it required me to look at my own home and re-design it (we didnt actually have to do it, but it did make me think about it!) So I went and got a tonne of samples from B&Q and Carpetright and a few other decor stores and began to plan my new hallway.

So at the moment it is black and silver throughout, all black gloss doors, bannisters and skirting boards, dark slate grey carpets and silver walls with all silver photo frames, 2x silver tables with a silver bowsl with black and silver pot pourri, a silver full body mirror, silver coats and hats hooks which spell the words coats & hats and black light shades upstairs and downstairs. So it is safe to say when I like a colour scheme I stick to it! So when I was asked to redesign the room, I had to think hard about a colour scheme that I could really get my teeth into, and I decided to go the complete opposite, from black and silver, contemporary and modern, to cream and gold, light and cosy.

As you can see from my Mood Board, I decided to go for cream carpet (Pearl) and I am choosing between patterned wallpaper and stripy wallpaper. As my hallway is quite long, although it is still quite wide, the length overpowers this, so I would like to widen it with horizontal striped wallpaper like the one I have put on my Mood Board which I love.

Let me know your thoughts, Dolls!









And don't forget to add me on Instagram and Twitter.


Business
Instagram @_missinterior
Twitter @_missinterior

Personal
Instagram @princessbigbum
Twitter @princessbigbumx

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment