Tuesday 17 September 2013

Taupe Tuesday!

Taupe - grey with a hint of brown


This post is dedicated to the neutral but classic colour scheme - taupe. I love this, because it is natural, goes with almost everything and still looks stylish and beautiful! I have found some pictures which highlight my love for taupe.






This room looks so grand and classic, yet it has an element of tradition to it. I think it is the flooring, because the wooden floor adds to the traditional look. I just love how well fresh white goes with taupe. I am usually a monochromatic person only using hues of one colour, nut I quite like this contrast and I think it goes really well!


This room is stunning, and the taupe is highlighted in the furniture and the flooring this time rather than the walls. The neutral, subtle colours are calming and serene therefore perfect for cosy, relaxing rooms such as living rooms, bedrooms and bathrooms. This living room also looks classic however it is still ultra-modern and stylish which I love.








I love the decor in this room, and the access are beautiful. I love oversized pieces so the clock-style mirror was a huge win for me. Again the taupe has been mainly highlighted in the furniture rather than the wall coverings which works really well. I love the contrasting wooden table, again, coming away from the monochrome.

It isn't just the decor I love here, I love the idea! It is such a good way to save space and to organise your things without having to have them shut away. I like to have my functional objects out away, but when they are easy on the eye and actually quite stylish, why not have them in display? Stylish and practical!


No comments:

Post a Comment